Novi Sad, Serbia

our family

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas Ya'll!

     CHRISTMAS 2010...how different from Christmas last year.  For one, there's no snow on the ground in Texas this year.  But then there usually isn't.  There are a number of things that make this year quite different from last year.  This year we are homeless...that's right, homeless!  Before you begin feeling sorry for us, let me explain.  As most of you know, we sold our home several months ago and will be moving to Serbia in 9 days.  Mike and I are very blessed to have family that have "taken us in" and we are spending the holidays with them in Granbury.  We have our own room with a balcony that looks out on the lake.  We haven't missed any meals and we have had some great family time.  So, just to ease anyone's conscience, we are not having to live out of our car or anything.
      We had the privilege of attending our home church, Normandale, last week and Mike preached there this morning.  It was good seeing everyone and we had the opportunity to say good-bye to friends whom we'll not be seeing again for awhile.  Thanks to Skype & Facebook, you are only a "click" away!
     This year has been an amazing journey.  I can only describe it like being on a roller coaster... exciting and scary at the same time.  At some point on the ride, you're wanting to get off, yet there's something about the thrill of it that makes it strangely fun.  It has been a challenge trading the comfort of familiar things for the uncertainty of what lies ahead.  I can tell you that it has only been by relying on God's strength that I have been able to do any of this.  "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  (2 Cor. 12:9)  He is faithful and will continue to be faithful as we transition to our new home.  As soon as we get moved and settled, we'll post pictures to share with you.

Blessings,
Pam

    

1 comment:

  1. I am a member of the Church at West Mountain in Gilmer, and enjoyed hearing how God made provisions for your adventure. Thanks so much for sharing all that has transpired up to this point in your journey. Praying for you both and for that precious new grand baby! I linked your blog to our outreach blog I am writing as well.

    http://westmountainoutreach.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete